Why I gave up consuming this — 6 years ago
- Amy Lee is sometimes a good singer, but often a horrible oversinger.
- I found the production (Weight of the World’s tinkling toy pianos, anyone?) more interesting than the actual songs.
- I read that Amy Lee wrote ‘Snow White Queen’ about a stalker. That is because she is a celebrity. She gets stalkers and that is both creepy and awesome and would never happen to you, because you are not an awesome poser goth. I find this incredibly pretentious and just stupid and it pisses me off.
- It’s okay if you want to write all the songs on your album about the same thing, but if the perspective of every song of your break-up obsessed album consists of ‘You are holding me down’ and/or ‘The best you can do is to let go of me’, that is probably an issue. Not to mention that those perspectives are sort of excessively egotistical, and more than a little troubling.
- I realized that Evanescence seem to be stuck in perpetual break-up obsessed adolescence, and that really is not my thing.