A story about this — 3 years ago
Avocado Pie Aka “Frog Pie” recipe
2 ripe medium-large sized avocados
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 8 oz package softened cream cheese
1/4 c lemon juice
1 9 in graham cracker crust pie shell
Combine avocados, condensed milk, cream cheese and lemon juice. Either blend by hand or use the blender of your choice. Pour mixture into pie shell. Put pie into fridge for several hours or overnight,until set.
- I did not use the cream cheese. It was good without it, just a lot runnier.
- Lime juice can be used with or instead of the lemon juice.
- I blended it by hand, which made it slightly lumpy.
- Pistachios can be added on top as a garnish, if one wishes.
- Bunny & I thought it tasted kinda like kiwis. Other cooks said it tasted like key lime to them.
- I made whipped cream by hand. I did not sweeten it, which worked out fine.
- After Bunny & I ate our pieces, we felt instantly energized & happy.